Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Miracles?

A few days ago I was reading the Lost and Found blog and began realizing the miracles God is performing there. It's so amazing to read of things coming about in supernatural ways but I honestly found it just as challenging as it was inspirational.

It made me think about my life - are there miracles in my life and my walk with God? My first thought was no, then "well maybe." I can think of some, but I seem to fail to view (and express) them in the powerful way that I was reading. Why is that? Why don't I see my life events as God's work, and why do my miracles seem "less miraculous" than those of which I was reading?

Perhaps failure to give credit where credit is do, a lack of attributing the results to their true producer. (James 1:17)

I also think it has something to do with the safe, controlled nature in which I live my life. A failure to truly allow opportunities for God to perform miraculous works. Maybe experiencing the greatest miracles requires exercising the greatest faith - stepping out in ways that require trust in God and putting ourselves into things which can only materialize and exist by His power.

Interesting to have these thoughts heading to Chiapas, a situation I feel is just that - one of reliance, requiring faith and trust that God will provide.

I look forward to the miracles God will perform on this trip and the opportunity to share them, giving credit where credit is do, so that God's powerful works will be evident to all!
(Revelation 5:13)

No comments: