Monday, September 22, 2008

Getting Ready

It's hard to believe I'll be leaving in just a few days! Time flies and the trip is fast approaching.

Thanks to everyone's generous support my financial goal has been met! Actually, it's been exceeded! This is a huge blessing as the additional support means my personal investment won't grow too far beyond what I was anticipating, even with some out of pocket expenses I'll have while traveling. This is awesome! Thank you!

Last week was my least favorite part of preparations - catching up on expired shots and getting a few new ones. Honestly it wasn't too bad and probably better than getting hepa-typha-tussis-atheria-laria-nus or whatever it is!?

Now I've got to get my act together and figure out what I'm taking and how I plan on getting it there. I'd like to carry on, but 9 days is kinda long, so I'll probably end up checking a bag of less essential items for the airline to lose and carrying on the things I'd like to see again. =)

Our project leader has sent out a lot of helpful information, so that should be a good start. He also sent out bios of our team so we can start putting names with faces. Seems like it's a good group!

I finally have a website for the organization we'll be working with: http://lostandfoundint.net/
I looked through some it today and was inspired as I read of the amazing things God is doing there. It's incredible to think of walking into a place where miracles are taking place and interacting with people being transformed by God!!! It's such a reminder that life in Christ is not only real but alive and powerful!


Until next time...Bryon

No comments: