Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday Thoughts

It's been so great exchanging email and messages with everyone - thanks for stepping up to support me! The response has been great so far and I'm about half way to meeting my financial goal after just one week! Thank you, and spread the word if there are others you feel may be interested in coming on board!!

More information has come in this week from the EMI leadership, including a more detailed itinerary and background information on the area and culture we'll be visiting. Our days will be starting early (yikes!) and full of work! We'll be staying in some type of clinic with apartments set up for teams near the project site, and set up a workspace in a local residence. Each night, the schedule says we'll be having dinner with the ministry, so I'm hoping that means evenings at the orphanage with the kids! Espero que juguemos futbol!

Remember how my letter mentioned I didn't know what I was getting into? Um hum..well I think that was a good thing haha! The more I learn, the more anxious I'm getting - for instance there's a good paragraph of the trip packet related to immodium and pepto. Apparently, despite the fact that our cook is used to "cooking for gringos" they are recommending we take an appropriate dosage of pepto prior to every meal to coat our stomachs as a preventative measure. Grrrreeeaaaattttt! And yes Uncle Carl, we won't be drinking the water but buying bottled water at a local market!

While the logistics of this whole thing make my mind anxious, my heart remains focused on the kids and the reason I'm going! It's not about me, but them!


Suggested Listening: "Solution" from Hillsong Church, All of the Above

It is not a human right
To stare not fight
While broken nations dream
Open up our eyes, so blind
That we might find
The Mercy for the need...


...Only you can take the widows cry
And cause her heart to sing
Be a father to the fatherless
Our savior and our king
We will be your hands, we will be your feet
We will run this race for the least of these
In the darkest place, we will be your light
We will be your light

No comments: