Friday, October 10, 2008

Wednesday - Oct 1st

Today was a bit different than the rest. Last night when I got to the room people seemed a bit restless, so I decided not to shower or stay-up to write and do my devotional – opting instead to wait until the morning. Plus I was tired and needed to get to sleep.
I woke up at 6am with a stomach ache – guess that soup got me. Luckily I wasn’t too tired, so the plan of deferring everything to the morning worked out well, except for the local construction workers wanted to talk to me while I was trying to get the devotion done haha. Our morning time we talked about God’s provision – including His provision of the Holy Spirit. There was an interesting question about the spirit in our lives. Do we feel more like the disciples following Jesus while He was here on earth (somewhat lost/confused), or after Pentecost having received the Holy Spirit which enables us to do all things? It was challenging to think about.
My initial thoughts were the former, although I’m challenged to live more as the latter. It’s Christ’s power in us through the Spirit which enables this and one of the verses spoke to me. John 15: 1-7, particularly verse 4 “remain in me and I will remain in you.” For awhile now I’ve been challenged to spend more time in God’s word and prayer, and here made the connection of the two things. Spending more time with God (remaining in Him) will help enable me to live in the Spirit, able to do all things (through Christ remaining in me). Pretty cool!
Today was the first day I didn’t go out on site, instead staying to work on the computer. I got some of the plans from Jane and Tom and had a chance to input on some of the design. I feel good about the direction we’re heading.
Ronai – a local architect involved with the orphanage – stopped by the see how our work was progressing. I did my best to explain the logic behind the site plan and he seemed to understand, saying it was ‘muy bonita.’ It was nice to get some confirmation from someone involved with the ministry. I’m hoping to get Bill and Tammy’s thoughts tomorrow!
Dinner was pretty low key and we dismissed afterwards instead of having our usual meeting as a number of people are getting colds and some flu like symptoms. Today was actually a bit chilly with some light rain, so that didn’t help, but hopefully with the extra time people will get good rest. It’s nice for me to able to get caught up with some of the journal online and maybe get to sleep earlier too. I’m hoping to get the site plan wrapped up, then build up graphic details for Friday’s presentation.

No comments: